Wednesday, December 31, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (Paris Las Vegas LOL)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Been to the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen pyramids of an ancient civilization
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Visited the Caribbean
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Been to a World Series game
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten sushi
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book (published a poem)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
He said this in regard to my etsy shop and my products.
Well little did I know that a fart would be my niche. This button ABOVE was my best seller this Christmas holiday. People loved it, and it really surprised me. Not only did I sell my stock I had to print the images and make a whole new batch.
While it didn't lead to my riches per say it did pad my paypal account and helped pay for James/family Christmas Presents from etsy. It also helped me get to (almost 100) sales.
So enjoy your fart buttons people! And ... you can always come back for more farts!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Etsy soap is so my vice, Like really I am a collector and user of etsy soaps, and I got a ton of soaps for James for Christmas too.
SO SpottedCowSoaps on etsy is someone I think you should check out!
She has a lot more than soaps too, Loofahs, Bath fizzles, lotions, Massage oils, and scrubbies for shower fun!
- All soaps are manufactured with Fragrance & Essential Oils that are phthalate free.
- have been formulating and selling homemade natural soaps for over 8 years.
- Spotted Cow Soaps also creates hand crochet bath accessories, gifty items and more. All lovingly created in rural Vermont home!
Traditions, every family has them, some are better than others!
|.||1. the handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, esp. by word of mouth or by practice: a story that has come down to us by popular tradition.|
|2.||something that is handed down: the traditions of the Eskimos.|
|3.||a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting: The rebellious students wanted to break with tradition.|
|4.||a continuing pattern of culture beliefs or practices.|
|5.||a customary or characteristic method or manner: The winner took a victory lap in the usual track tradition.|
- Mom and I bake cookies, puppychow, fudge, and many other things of the food nature. Usually I end up eatting a lot of sugar cookie dough and making a dough ball.
- Put up the tree with all the ornaments we have collected over the years, and all our knick knacks, mom's barbie ornaments
- Candy Canes everywhere, on the tree in hot chocolate, YUM
- James and I Christmas Eve Anniversary (five years this year) trying to find a restaurant that is open later than 6pm!
- Kurt and I always making small snow hills and sledding down them
- Princess having to have a path shoveled in the yard for her because she was teeny tiny
- Playing moms old Christmas records
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
ALL you have to do is purchase something from my store between now and DEC 15th. On Dec 16th I will have a name drawn and the gift(s) will be sent out to be received in time for Christmas.
This includes a bunch of everything soaps, magnets, journals, cards, buttons, ATCs... etc
JUST A LOT
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Someone said I just ordered some Soap For Your Teeth, Soap For Your Teeth what is that I said? And thus began my research into this wonderful product.The maker is BeautifulSoaps on etsy. She has created a product that is pretty amazing. She offers sample sizes which I RECOMMEND because I was skeptical and now I am a believer. Samples are a way to try the product without committing to a large size.
So I got my sample size. Hmm I thought as a try it, it does have a different taste. The one thing I noticed right away was the feeling on my teeth. It feel shiny and smooth. It takes a lot longer for plaque to build up (or teeth fuzzes).
I HAD A FEW QUESTIONS FOR THE SOAP MAKER:
So what really made you start thinking hmmm I can make soap for teeth?
I probably would have never even have given it a thought if it hadn’t been for a custom special request. My first thought was ‘how weird’ but then as I researched it I realized the information I was finding really made sense. I have already been trying to get rid of using chemicals to clean with and wash my hair and body with so this seemed natural to me. I had already done some reading on the negative effects of fluoride so I didn’t have to be sold on that aspect.
What was your honest to goodness first reaction when you tried it?
Hmm, this isn’t that bad! I love minty fresh bursts of life when I brush my teeth and this didn’t give me that, but what it did give me was VERY clean teeth and a different kind of freshness. I wanted that mint taste so I popped a piece of Trident and my teeth were so clean and uncoated with glycerin that the gum was sticking to my teeth. I guess that’s when I really realized that not only did my teeth not only feel cleaner but they were cleaner.
It seems like all you have gotten is positive feedback, has there been any negative remarks regarding this product that has helped you make this into a better product, or is it the exact same recipe since day one?
Mostly I have gotten positive feedback, which I’m very thankful for. I’ve had some people tell me that they weren’t crazy about the taste at first, but gave it a little more time and ended up really liking it. I know that not everyone is going to like it. I think that’s okay. We’re not robots or clones right? Individuality makes the world go round. I’m not the first one to come up with this concept. There are other Etsy sellers, individuals and companies that have handmade tooth soap available. You can use any basic handmade soap to brush your teeth with and get the same effect. I have put a lot of thought, research and love into the ingredients. I know it isn’t going to taste like commercial toothpaste, but I wanted to give it some sort of flavor advantage too. I’ve pretty much used the same recipe since the beginning, but I have tweaked it a bit and I’ll probably continue to experiment.
Does it do anything extra that toothpaste just doesn't do? What doesn't it do that toothpaste does?
Well, it doesn’t give you that knock-me-out mint rush that I had come to know and love. But it also isn’t poisoning you with fluoride and preventing your teeth from naturally re-enameling themselves, the way nature intended. Sorry if I seem a bit cynical, but I think it’s wrong to strip out the natural good in products and replace them with cheaper alternatives that are harmful. It’s almost as if they just don’t care… but that’s another discussion.
Have you talked to a dentist about this product? If so what did they say?
I haven’t personally talked to a dentist about it yet. My husband and I have only been using this for a little over 4 months now. Well, since I first got the request to make an alternative for toothpaste. I am very anxious to hear what a dentist would have to say though. Very good question and I’ve got it at the top of my to-do list now. There’s a lot of information available about creating your own natural hygiene/cleaning products. My advice is research, research, research! You’ll find something you love and a lot of times it will work better and be more cost effective in the long run.
The ingredients include:
Saponified Olive Oil
HERE IS SOME AWESOME FEEDBACK SHE HAS BEEN GETTING
- This stuff is WONDERFUL! Normally by mid morning I feel like I need to re-brush and I haven't even eaten anything - but with this stuff, I don't feel slimy even by the evening!! It wonderful!
- very nice! I'm a Soap For Your Teeth convert!
- Love it! Love the size and it makes me feel good knowing I'm being better to my teeth. :)
- I really like this!! Thanks for the safe alternative to toothpaste...will be getting more:)
- I waited to review this one until I had a chance to try it a few times. The taste of this one is the best flavor of any Soap for teeth I have tried. Yum! A lip balm in this same flavor would be delish! Can't beat the convenient packaging, too. So far, it's also the only tooth soap that doesn't give me chapped lips. I think you have a winner here! :-)
- I like the way that it makes my teeth feel nice and clean. It seems like it will last me quite awhile. The "soapy" taste takes a little getting used to, but it's not bad at all. I taste the freshness of the oils more than I taste the soap.
- Glad I could try the sample, now I know I want to get a big one soon!
I am truly a Soap For Your Teeth convert I love it!
I really suggest you at least try a sample for yourself, after all life is about experiencing something new!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Writing is a way to leave your legacy behind. It is a way to get out things onto paper that make you, well YOU!
This journal is funky and functional with front and back covers made of sturdy thick recycled chipboard.
The front cover is jagged for a rough original look.
The inside is filled with over 60 blank unlined pages made from recycled computer paper.
It is bound with silver wire.
The front is painted black and decoupaged with a huge funky flower and embellishment and the word legacy with moon embellishments.
This journal is one of a kind and could be the holder of your written legacy.
5 by 4.5 inches
Friday, November 14, 2008
I like to give it too!
I have making stuff like crazy so I am passing it on to you
for free this weekend with any purchase
Just specify what you want for free in the notes to seller!
A GREAT WAY TO GET HOLIDAY GIFTS and a lil something for you!
Friday, November 7, 2008
I am having trouble with a title, I am thinking the descent of depression..... time will tell!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Mama's Magic Studio ~ Where Handmade Magic Happens
I am a domestic goddess, an aspiring children's book author, a proud SAHM and maker of beautiful things, including Baby Friendly Beads (available at my other etsy shop: http://bfbeads.etsy.com)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I was surprised the scents are very unique and lasting.
THANKS Sassyfraz for keeping the world smelling a bit better!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I am closing this store because I just do not have the time to run and promote two shops. I will just start listing my rings in my other store which gets a lot more traffic views and hearts.
I would like to sell everything in this store before I close.
I will send you a promo button package with purchase!
I will also trade from this store.
I just want to clear it out before closing!
Thanks for reading my blurb.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Well this month I am doing the relax Carnival for EtsyBloggsers!
Things I do to relax:
1) My boyfriend and I are recently very into drinking tea, I happened to find a super cool tea store called Teavana, and it is online too, so we ordered a bunch of yummy sounding teas to use with our easy teamaker! We love drinking the tea at night and it is relaxing!2) If I am having a particularly BAD day a nice hot bubble bath always works for me. Take a good book in and I can soak up the hours of the night
3) Etsy, chatting and creating stuff. Working with my hands is very relaxing especially painting!
I wish I could have time to relax every day! That won't be happening this weekend for sure!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Purchases from Chat 10/27
Trades from Chat 4
Items Sold from Chat 12/50
Those numbers may not be HUGELY impressive, but I mean a sale is a sale, a trade is a trade, and a purchase is a purchase. All are great, make someone feel good, and you get neat things.
You can do all this while chatting having fun and browsing shops.
Friday, September 26, 2008
They are super cool in my opinion! Great to wear and awesome to make!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
So the randomness will continue, so hopefully you all will continue to love it!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Super cuteness abound in this kid friendly store. Moms you will delight in the wonderful items for your little ones!Joey & Aleethea™ is a super cutesie boutique for baby boys, baby girls and their peeps!
So true, lots of color and style!
Whether your baby is a monster, a rocker, a jock, a tree-hugger, a military brat, a corporate coo-er, a diva, a retro radical, a cowboy or an indian, an artiste, a punk, a prince or princess, there's no doubt your baby is super cutesie! We've got super cutesie coolness...handmade by a mom.
I hope I have a rocker/diva/artsit baby some day!
They only high-end designer fabrics and the highest quality of materials which are ultra durable, super cool and also super soft and luxurious!
So check it out, and heart them NOW!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
HUGE SEPTEMBER SALE
() Free shipping on all Art Cards
() Buy $10 and get a free binded journal
() Reduced Prices on Frames
() Free Candle with Vintage Star holder Reduced price!
() $2 Magnets LOWEST EVER
And to explain why:
I Love to craft and I have gotten out of hand making random things, I want to slim my store down to just journals, cards, buttons, and the new down to earth art rings I am soon to list!
And I was in this treasury made by my BUDDAY
Monday, September 8, 2008
Check them out
All are OOAK and soon to be gone!
Friday, August 29, 2008
So here you can read it... list style
- Taking painting lessons with oil pastels
- Going camping and eating fudge and pasties
- Campfires and smores
- Riding my bike everywhere
- Walking barefoot all summer long
- Eating the baseball glove ice creams with the bubble gum in the middle
- Walking to the coney stand
- Watching Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Gargoyles, & Tale Spin
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Isn't her jewelry really pretty? I love those earrings, I think they would make a nicec edition to any outfit on your girls night out!
"I am proud to create and present unique works of art. Thank you for allowing my joy to become yours. ♥ "
Member: etsyBloggers Street
So head on over to her store today!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Abstract painter, photographer, graphic artist.
Teruyo Horikawa, a Japanese artist who mainly focuses on artworks of abstract.
Below are some of my favorite things from her shop!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
instead of doing my usual feature style I am doing
If you could be a robot, what kind of robot would you be?
I would be a dinobot. Seriously, a dinosaur robot would be pretty dang cute right??
What is a tool you are craving to own right now?
OOOH, that's easy!! A semi-auto button machine! I'm so sick of handpressing every single button with my badgeaminit... ugh.. yes, that's right! Every single one by hand. I have the blister in the middle of my palm to prove it! :) It's worth it though, I've had a love for buttons since the first time I saw Empire Records.
What is your favorite thing to make?
Right now I'm stuck on those zippy pouches! I have an obsession with funky fabrics... a very very big obsession! And those little pouches give me a chance to use lots, and be a bit creative pairing silly fabrics together. I'm branching out now and putting little pockets inside and adding wrist straps and stuff too! ;)
So what is up with your shop name?
:D All of my friends have called me Stephasaurus for years!! And I went through a strange phase where I said "to the max!" at the end of every sentence... My email address is stephasaurus_2themax so I figured I would use that for Etsy too so I wouldn't confuse myself!
Do you have a crafty area? Or just a box of stuff?
I have a HUGE crafty area. And it is FULL of boxes of craft stuff!! It's a 10' x 16' bedroom.. (I like to call it my office ;)) and it looks like a ginormous craft barfed all over it. I have a sewing table, a button makin' table, two dressers full of fabric and boxes all over the floor full of different papers, paints, markers, pastels.. you name it, it's there...
What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?
Be patient! Don't be discouraged if you aren't selling everything immediately.. the sales will come! Until they do, hop in the chat and meet some fellow crafters.. you'll meet some great people, and I bet they'll have great advice for you too :)
How do you promote your work?
Here on Etsy I try to go in the chat at least once a night or post in the forums. I recently started a facebook group called "stephasaurus" which has already lead to a few custom requests and also I have given a lot of business cards out to friends and family, which helps spread the word! OH and when I go out, I always make sure I'm wearing a sweet button or carrying a kickass purse I've made to strike up interest in others, and guess what? It works everytime! ;)
If you bought your own island what would you name it?
If you had to choose to only make one crafty item the rest of your life what&why?
Definately bags/purses!! Mostly because of the fabric obsession I mentioned earlier, and also because I really do love to sew! I'll admit I get frustrated with it a wee bit sometimes, but it's very satisfying once you're finished and you have the final product in your hand :)
Lastly, how much ya love me? Be honest and open, I am not modest LOL
LOL, Tons! Seriously.. It's been a slice chattin' and helping each other out with silly things, and you were the first person I met on here.. even thought we've never technically "met". I'd like to take this chance thank you for the constant promoting of my things too!! You've made my stay here at Etsy a pleasure! :)
I DEMAND YOU CHECK HER OUT :D
So check out the store, be inspired by the love this artist has for her work, and the color and detail that surrounds each piece.
OR To look a little deeper into her life & projects: http://enrougedesigns.blogspot.com/
I know where I am headed right now!
Monday, August 18, 2008
My first is Bethtastic (same name as me, Beth!)
Here is what she says
"As always, all of my resin pieces are sanded, buffed, polished, and finished off with a specialized resin high gloss coating.
I spend a lot of time on all of my jewelry, and feel like my prices are very reasonable, and the quality is either on par or better than many other resin shops on etsy.
Please feel free to convo me for custom pieces. I've done many custom pieces already, and so far, everyone has been more than happy with the outcome. "
HERE is what others say
"It's gorgeous, thank you so much! And for the extra sparkly pendant too :) "
"Super cool pendant! Too bad it's a gift so I have to part with it, but the recipient is definitely going to dig it. "
"Thanks for the awesome pendants, truly unique artist!!!"(I left this feedback)
So seriously check out this etsy artist, I cannot tell you how many comments I get when I wear the pieces from Beth, they are extremely unique and easy to wear!