M.E. = B.E.T.H

Monday, June 21, 2010

Hurray for Movies!

Last night was the kick off of my cities Lawn Chair Film Festival. The movie was whip it, which I had never heard of but is an ASS KICKIN flick about roller derby. I totally want to be a roller derby girl now. Wish I was a better skater...
WHIP IT, the directorial debut of Drew Barrymore, stars Ellen Page (Juno) as Bliss, a rebellious Texas teen who throws in her small town beauty pageant crown for the rowdy world of roller derby. Marcia Gay Harden plays Bliss’ disapproving mother, while Kristen Wiig and Juliette Lewis play roller-derby stars. Filmed in Michigan.
Here are some pics, the trailer is at the bottom.


Also these are some other films playing this summer at the festival I am excited for, FANTASTIC MR. FOX & 500 DAYS OF SUMMER

1 comment:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I haven't seen Whip It yet, but I heard it is good. I'll have to put that on my list of movies to watch this summer!

: ) Maureen