M.E. = B.E.T.H

Friday, April 18, 2008

Quotes

These are some of my favorite writing quotes, because I am a journal maker it makes me an appropriate post! ENJOY!!!


There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen and writes. ~William Makepeace Thackeray


Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its roots into the very depth of your heart; confess to yourself you would have to die if you were forbidden to write. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Writers are just people who have a whole lot on the inside that they need to get to the outside, with pen and paper as their preferred method of transport. Same with dancers, artists, and singers - all the same urges with differing transportation. ~Graycie Harmon

Writing is utter solitude, the descent into the cold abyss of oneself. ~Franz Kafka

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. ~James Michener

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

No comments: